Project Manager - Structural Steel
Responsible for the administration to construction projects under control of Client. Manage the day to day execution and direction of detailing, fabrication and erection of Structural steel, Miscellaneous Iron and architectural metals on projects of various sizes. Project manager is responsible for the efficiency and profitability of all projects assigned under his/her control. Hands-on effective management of people and resources to achieve a successful project is a minimum requirement for this position. Open communications with all integral departments must be maintained at all time.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the steel fabrication Industry is preferred; however similar project management experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, office staff, shop & field personnel, etc. Proficient user of business
- and industry-related software; for example, Microsoft word, MS Excel, MS Project Manager, Fab Trol, etc.
- Demonstrate qualities of self-motivation, Passion for excellence in professional and personal pursuits, leadership abilities, positive attitude, and sound entrepreneurial approach to business matters, creative problem solver, exercises sound judgment in dealing with people and issues, always exemplifying a "whatever it takes" approach to all challenges.
- Possess a full understanding of Architectural and Structural design drawings. Capable of performing quantity surveys and estimates of Structural, miscellaneous, and architectural metals
- Prepare for and participate in project kick-off meetings. Travel between project meetings, jobsites and the main office in an efficient manner.
- Assemble and submit job breakdowns, schedule of values and monthly billing projections of General Contractors.
- Maintain appropriate communications throughout Company departments; as well as with General Contractors, other Subcontractors and outside detailing firms.
- Monitor budgets and schedules for all departments throughout the project duration. Assure that accurate cost projections are completed on all change orders in a timely faction. Supervise Subcontractors under contract to ensure a consistent and acceptable quality of work at the lowest possible cost.
- Prior to detailing, review all drawings for cost savings and for ideas to assist with the planning of work through the shop with greatest economy. Review erection and detail drawings for compliance with company standards and full compliance with the design documents.
- Evaluate and release the most current drawings for the distribution to the appropriate departments.
- Review the erection plan with the Field Superintendent; Coordinate work between the shop fabrication and field erection. Maintain cost control of all work items and obtain approval for items in excess of budget.
- Review all work orders for change order issues and verify the scope of work on all disputed work orders. Utilize administrative support staff to maintain a high level of organization and filling of all paperwork related to projects under jobs.