GENERAL DESCRIPTION – PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Operations Business Manager is responsible for providing cross-functional Supply Chain expertise to the business unit to enable key project execution. This includes:
· Collaborate across the business unit to ensure successful delivery of innovation, renovation, HMM, and other initiatives.
· Play an advocacy role with plant locations to foster advancement and enable breakthrough results.
· Optimize platform strategies and tactics in alignment with Supply Chain capabilities, goals and metrics.
· Provide broad Supply Chain leadership for New Product Development commercialization including: participate in project teams, partner with R&D to enable new technical capabilities, develop COGS for new products, support preparation of capital project approvals, identify sourcing and export logistics solutions, and work with plant locations to start-up new lines and products.
· Influence business team on project portfolio and overall prioritization (growth, HMM, etc.). Ensure plant and technical resource availability. Speak on behalf of supply chain resources and capacities, short and long term, and maintain point of communication to plant operations teams. Play leadership role in evaluating and executing requests to expand current products into new markets or packaging formats.
· Early and consistent influence of business teams – “voice” of the plant & supply chain
· Lead cross-functional operations & technology team to ensure successful project commercialization and enable future growth
· Develop, own, and lead supply chain project timelines
· Ensure standard processes/work are followed such as: Early Management, Stage Gate (Velocity), etc.
· Coach teams on successful initiative launch
· Define best sourcing location(s) using both internal and co-manufacturing options
· Ensure adequate resources to support platform / business unit objectives (including Supply Chain / R&D / Marketing alignment)
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUESTED:
Travel up to 10%
5+ years of Supply Chain experience
Must be able to work in an environment with free-roaming companion pets.
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Strong influence management skills
Pet parent preferred
Must be able to work in environment with free-roaming companion pets