The Project Management Office serves the entire organization, including investment management, investment operations, technology finance and HR. The PMO is responsible for oversight, planning, budgeting and ongoing management of projects, and the group works closely with business analysts, systems analysts, developers, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts from across the organization. The PMO generally follows a PMP approach while making use of other methodologies such as DMAIC/ Lean Six Sigma and Agile.
- Lead projects through the life-cycle:
- Define and manage the project scope and project plan
- Drive the project to completion; resolve issues and ensure progress
- Deliver a successful project implementation
- Leverage DMAIC/ Lean Six Sigma/ Agile methodologies appropriately to ensure optimal outcomes
- Organize resources into a project team, assign tasks and manage work loads
- Monitor project task progress and dependencies
- Escalate issues and risks accordingly and help drive their resolution – providing input as needed
- Pro-active communication to project team, stakeholders, senior management and the wider organization. Managing expectations is key.
- Prepare well-structured materials and audience appropriate messaging
- Facilitate agency-wide meetings to elicit information necessary to help groups engage, secure commitment, establish requirements, gain consensus, and importantly generate decisions.
- Provide discipline around both project budgets and project documentation
- Ensure implementation success by establishing appropriate levels of training and testing
- Identify and assist others in recognizing and monitoring performance measures consistent with project deliverables and organizational standards
- Foster team learning and collaboration by encouraging and modeling open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have experience implementing complex systems at investment management organizations
- Experience of Real Estate/ Private Market business would be a significant plus
- Experience of implementing a portfolio management system would be a plus
- Must have technology experience, including a strong grasp of modern software implementation approaches
- Will have significant experience (+10 years) with program and project management principles – particularly Agile, DMAIC or CMM
- Qualifications/ Certification in project management is a plus
- Able to forge strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Can learn quickly and adapt to new processes and approaches
- Will communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with creating and driving change management plans
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, collaborative approach, and commitment to excellence