Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Project Manager for their Houston corporate office.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize multiple projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior Engineering management, Operations management, and stakeholders.
- Develop full scale project plans and associated specification documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis including, but not limited to, Operations, ES&H, Commercial, Accounting, other company managers
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Estimate and establish the project budget. Track the budget on a continuous basis. Request a project supplement if the project forecast indicates that the budget will be exceeded.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, & track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, required documentation and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Perform project Hazop analysis and issue Management of Change documentation for all work.
- Insure that all invoices are paid and closed out in OFC accounting system.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. File an evaluation report on each contractor and sub-contractor working on the project.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution on future projects
- Consult with environmental personnel and provide information that is pertinent to the facility’s environmental permits that are required
- Clearly communicate corporate and facility safety plans to contractors and assure that projects are executed in full compliance with these plans and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for preliminary equipment sizing & specification for compiling competitive bids from vendors; evaluation of vendor quotes and selection of successful vendor
- Work with applicable parties to establish facility start-up & commissioning procedures, operating procedures, & supply all applicable info for PM program
- Support all commissioning efforts including initial purging & first fills, coordination of OEM pre-commissioning & commissioning, PSSR review & approvals
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Engineering degree with five (5) years of experience or ten (10) years of construction experience in the oil and gas industry working as a job superintendent.
- Competent with Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Technically competent with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts promptly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating (in communications with others including company employees and contract workers).
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among the project team, should it arise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and finding equipment needed for a project.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience preferred in applications such as HYSYS, PROMAX, or VMGSim
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant3D or CADWorks
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.