TransCore (TCI), a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Summary: Implements and develops project plans and reporting procedures; Understands and can demonstrate critical path of schedule; Functions as principal contact with designated customers, both internal and external, establishing open lines of communication; Works with Purchasing Department to establish valid Bill of Material, and assist in the purchase of any components required to support the project; Prepares written reports, organizes design reviews for management review; May provide daily direction and guidance to lower level personnel; Directs, monitors, evaluates and documents work performed on the project to ensure conformance with project requirements and TransCore policies, procedures and standards.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds and maintains project schedules in accordance with project requirements.
- Prepares, implements, and monitors schedule and cost controls.
- Manages and administers relevant subcontract agreements.
- Reports project status to management.
- Completes and manages organization of project documentation.
- Reports the financial details of project.
- Manages project execution so that:
- Project deliverables are of a high quality and meet the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in the most efficient manner possible.
- Project deliverables are deployed and turned over to the organization smoothly and efficiently.
- TransCore policies, standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Prepares project plans that guide project execution to a successful conclusion.
- Identifies project staffing needs and assists in the formation of effective project teams.
- Assigns tasks to project staff in a manner that optimizes team performance.
- Identifies and procures resources necessary to complete projects.
- Proactively detects and evaluates issues/risks.
- Communicates project information including requirements, approach, progress, forecasts, and issues to client, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Manages teams – trains, supervises, evaluates, tracks performance, provides feedback, and motivates staff.
- Provides guidance to projects on best practices and standards to utilize.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license as driving is a requirement of the position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May manage workforce levels and provides direction at the project level.
Required Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed to perform the duties of the position
Desired Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Experience with MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Maintenance of Traffic Certification preferred but not required
- Project Management Certification preferred but not required
- Ability to read roadway plans, create submittals
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level II, or higher certification preferred but not required
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree from a college or university, or and equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience managing an ITS maintenance contract and/or underground utility construction and maintenance contract.