Job DescriptionJob #: 1028475
Seeking a Project Manager within the biotech / pharma industry!
Someone who has previous new product introduction experience within the biotech/pharma industries!
This position will lead a cross-functional team within Tech Ops (including Manufacturing, Process Sciences, Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality) to facilitate new product introduction into a cGMP manufacturing area.
- Identify and document all project deliverables from each functional area as requested.
- Ensure strategies are documented, maintained, updated, kept on schedule and proactively communicated.
- Facilitation of project meetings and functional sub-teams by preparing meeting schedules, agenda, minutes, action items list, Gantt charts and timelines.
- Work with the SME’s and leads of project team to identify and mitigate risks to meeting milestones/goals.
- Works with project lead to address delays and escalates when necessary.
- Ensures assigned projects are conducted in compliance with applicable Tech Ops procedures.
- Develops tracking dashboards to communicate program updates and identify any critical issues that can play or impact program.
- Responsible for timely identification of critical path risks and for escalating issues to line leaders and project team representative for resolution.
- Ensures all team members understand project goals and objectives, current project plan and schedule, critical path activities and risks.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical and/or biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- General knowledge of Technical Operations requirements and the drug development process.
- Ability to manage complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances.
- Excellent project management skills; highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Flexible, with positive attitude, and highly self-motivated. Can work independently, able to prioritize, and works effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude.
- High bar personal ethics with a 'patients first' value system.
- Recent experience with a smaller entrepreneurial environment is an asset.
Education and Professional Experience
- Requires Bachelor’s degree, preferably in project management or a science related field
- Must have a minimum 5 years of Project Management experience
- Biopharma industry is highly preferred (CMC, Technical Operations, or Process Development)
- Experience managing projects that include manufacturing, new product introduction (NPI) and / or tech transfer
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment to develop, implement and deliver on project goals.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a nimble fast paced matrixed environment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Project, MS Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Solid experience in facilitation and project team management, with demonstrated excellence in communication, presentation, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and organizational improvement.
For consideration please email most up-to-date resume with contact information to Brittany Waldron @ email@example.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.