WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Transportation group in Baton Rouge, LA. The right candidate will provide strong leadership to a team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfy project and customer requirements, technical standards and adherence to quality standards, procedures and protocols; and provide technical support, mentoring and development of junior professional staff. In this role:
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- Continually bring in new work and increase backlog while managing client relationships and guiding the application of Michael Baker services within the transportation practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within the Transportation practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects.
- Review the work of other professionals - this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Manage project budgets and schedules, interface with clients, and prepare/submit invoices.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to balance workload and staffing needs.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- At least 15 years in Engineering or Project Management preferred, with 10 years supervising engineering personnel
- Bachelor's of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong engineering skills and an extensive background in transportation.
- Direct contact with LADOTD, regional transportation authorities, and municipal clients.
- LADOTD Precertifications in one or more categories
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Lousiana
- Travel is required up to 25%
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.