The Project Manager plans, designs and directs transportation projects. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling and client management. Supervises staff, including Senior Project Engineers, Project Engineers, Staff Engineers, and Technicians.
- Manage multiple projects and provide technical quality control
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, designs for project, and construction schedules.
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies, acting as primary client contact on assigned projects and maintaining client satisfaction.
- Develop new business opportunities through networking, client meetings and presentations.
- Direct and supervise activities of engineers/planners on staff
- Attend client meetings, presentations and public hearings
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical expertise
- Proven ability to interact among multiple levels of the business
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on DOT projects
- B.S. from an ABET accredited engineering program
- 8+ years of experience in transportation engineering
- Team Leadership
- Relationship Management
- Business Development
- Strategic Thinking
- P.E. license required
This position has immediate supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.