The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling, and client management. Also, supervises staff, including Senior Project Engineers/Planners, Project Engineers/Planners, Staff Engineers, and Technicians. The ideal full-time candidate would have the flexibility to work out of theBoston, MA,Taunton, MA, Westfield, MA or Lincoln, RI offices.
- Manage multiple projects and provide technical quality control.
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports.
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies, acting as the primary client contact on assigned projects and maintaining client satisfaction.
- Develop new business opportunities through networking, client meetings and presentations.
- Attend client meetings and presentations, as well as provide expert witness testimony at public hearings.
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
- Prepare proposals and budgets, as well as participate in business development.
- Conduct regular project staff meetings
- Direct and supervise activities of engineers/planners on staff and administer bi-annual/annual staff reviews.
- Mentor Senior Project Engineers/Planners by providing opportunities for professional and business development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient knowledge of traffic analysis software, including HCS and Synchro.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working on private development traffic impact studies in New England
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Experience working on municipal and public sector transportation assignments
- Strong technical expertise
- Ability to define problems, identify and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 8+ years of experience in transportation engineering
- P.E. license required
- This position has immediate supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
- This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some night and weekend work may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
- This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.