Project Management opening at the Pentagon
Basic position responsibilities:
• The PM will coordinate planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of projects within area of assigned responsibility.
• The PM will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
The PM is responsible for assessing requirements and ensuring that customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating requirement and project deliverables; the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirement. The PM will manage the project team which includes engineers, testers and trainers, and coordinate with subordinate team members. Responsible for contributing to the Monthly Project Management Reviews (PMR), IT EXCom and other board reviews, coordinating and monitoring the project schedule to ensure customer requirements are met. Also responsible for ensuring project document such as the project management plan, communication plan, requirements matrix, responsibility matrix and WBS is complete accurate and up to date. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Work Location: The Pentagon
Required Certifications: PMP – 60 hours of PM training will be accepted in lieu of certification
Clearance: Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance eligible as a condition of employment.
Dress Code: Business Professional
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178