This position is responsible for managing and supervising the research for, as well as leading the interaction with the various requirements, design disciplines and development of the Design Criteria and Standards Manual (DCSM). The candidate will oversee the staff to successfully develop the DCSM and shall be responsible for meeting the client's expectations to be completed within the project budget and schedule. Candidate must have a functional environmental, Right of Way (ROW), and utilities design background with working knowledge of other design disciplines and demonstrated understanding of permitting regulations, BIM and substainability standard requirements as well as the ability to think outside the box to meet and deliver project scope.
- Candidate will report directly to the clients Director of Engineering or designee
- Assess design and construction standards, specifications and criteria with the intent to coordinate and integrate into a more efficient and effective set of documents
- Attend weekly meetings with representatives at the Headquarters or an agreed upon location (or via teleconference upon agreement) to discuss the project and to report on progress
- Conduct collaborative DCSM meetings (including development of the agenda, preparation of meeting notes and action items and distribution of meeting notes to gain consensus from all participants as needed)
- Lead DCSM strategy and planning workshops
- Ensure compliance with the client and consultant quality programs
- Respond to questions and requests regarding the project
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or commensurate experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in transit infrastructure planning, design and/or construction in a multiple project environment
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of technical documents including: rail transit agencies design, construction, contracts and operations processes. Other best practices applicable from other relevant agencies or industries. Standard tools and/or software and their compatibility.
- Familiarity with BIM and the clients sustainability standards
- Familiarity with industry standard design software such as Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD and their compatibility with the client's tools and software
Delon Hampton & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer for VEVRAA protected veterans and all other protected classes. DHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Click here for EEO law and policy.