As a Project Manager for our water group, you will have the opportunity to manage a single project contract to ensure that budget, project personnel, and production schedule is completed in compliance with Owner expectations, contract specifications, and Company standards. You will also assist project estimating teams for bidding water, wastewater, pump station, and pipeline-related projects, mostly focusing on $10M-$500M sized projects in the Western US. You will coordinate with the business development staff to support the development of a bidding pipeline of appropriate projects. Some travel will be necessary for bid reviews and bid closing from local offices.
You will report to the Water Division Manager for allocation of resources as well as coordination of necessary estimate reviews and bid closeout procedures.
- Manages all aspects of the project, including construction, budget and cash management for a single assigned project to ensure compliance with the project contract and owner needs.
- Develops and manages the project schedule, pay estimates, project procedures, staffing requirements, and equipment resources needed to complete accurate and timely project production.
- Assesses initial project contract and supporting documents for completeness. Works with owner to resolve specification, contract conflict and scheduling issues.
- Oversees engineering and scheduling teams to identify and negotiate any proposed change orders, engaging Area Manager for support as needed.
- Creates and presents monthly cost and revenue forecast and reports to Flatiron leadership.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Maintains working relationships with Flatiron supporting departments and project Owner to support the project work plan and payment schedule.
- Operates as main point of contact for all third-party stakeholders, including landowners, local business owners and government agencies that need to be engaged during the project.
- Reviews and approves all internal and external media news releases regarding the project.
- Ensures project safety reviews and procedures are followed by conducting weekly safety checks and engaging in safety meetings and monthly review meetings. Supports the safety programs of the project and owner safety programs.
- Reviews and approves staffing and equipment needs for efficient and effective project production.
- Participates in dispute resolution process with support from internal legal counsel.
- Provides input on equipment procurement methods and contracts to ensure efficient and effective project production.
- Leads project closeout procedures, finalizing contract paperwork, obtaining retainages and working with management to resolve any project claims. Leads project debrief cycle to review all aspects of project work and completion.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- 10+ years’ experience in Water or WWTP construction project management required.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing personnel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills developed to engage and retain positive working relationships.
- Strong developed skill to identify, track and manage project risk.
- Developing ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple departments and direct reports to retain focus on one project completion goal and timeline.
- Ability to identify growth opportunities for project personnel and developed to coach and mentor project personnel.
- Developing ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to project personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including advanced skill working in Excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or other scheduling software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or request for changes/claims from subcontractors, management, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or owners. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to executive management and/or public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.