About Us: Founded in 1972, Bahnson Environmental Specialties (BES) design, manufactures, installs and services a diverse line of controlled environmental chambers that maintain precise conditions for a wide array of research, development, and manufacturing activities.
All chambers are designed to satisfy the most stringent field performance tests. Our single-source turnkey solution includes pre-sales support; architectural, mechanical, and electric/controls design; project management, field installation, field testing/validation, and service.
We provide superior quality materials and exceptional workmanship. we also upgrade and retrofit existing chambers to meet new or future requirements
- Participate in and approve all major technical cost, scheduling, and performance decisions that impact their projects.
- Establish effective internal and external lines of communication to assure project success. Keep all parties informed of project changes that affect their areas of responsibility.
- Administer all contract matters. Represent the company and project clients and vendors; acting as the focal point for contract negotiations, work performance, schedules, budgets and communication in general.
- Monitor and direct the progress of each project to assure conformance to schedules and budgets. Coordinate all internal and external action plans. Anticipate problems and implement timely corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date cost to complete and schedule reports. Keep supervisor informed of project status and control.
- Coordinate with accounting on project billing and assist in the collection of all projects related accounts receivable when necessary.
- Complete project closeout on time and to the customer’s satisfaction. Generate final documentation and follow-up on final payments.
- Develop relationship with customers, which extend beyond the project boundaries.
- Coordinate engineering and design requirements with Engineering to assure adequate manpower to support the project requirements.
- Coordinate all phases of engineering design with Project Engineering to assure compliance with contract requirements while meeting budget and schedule constraints.
- Present final submittal for review to Engineering and Sales prior to sending to the client.
- Suggest improvements to company products and services.
- Coordinate with purchasing agent to assure the cost effective purchase of all materials to meet the cost effective purchase of all materials to meet the quality, technical, budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Purchase certain specialty items directly for the project when appropriate.
- Coordinate constructions schedules with Construction Manager to assure adequate personnel to support project requirements.
- Coordinate with construction teams to assure that all contract, budget and schedule commitments are met.
- Support construction personnel and material requirements to maintain construction quality, budget and schedule.
- Communicate, and enforce field construction safety programs.
- Actively monitor all on-site changes to scope of work and obtain required contract changes to support these.
- Review all punch list items and recommend corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Coordinate start-up schedules with the National Projects Manager to assure adequate start up personnel to support project requirements.
- Actively promote service contracts to customers to increase company revenue, maintain equipment performance and reinforce tie to customer for future business.
- Create a work environment that encourages and rewards individual expression, creativity and achievement of goals.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of improved methods and designs, market trends and competition through literature, seminars and trade shows.
- Contribute to and support the achievement of the department’s objective.
Coordinate with and provide support to other departments to enhance the overall operation of the company.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college/university OR PMI accreditation
- 8 plus years of Project Management experience
- Refrigeration and cold storage experience a plus
- Mechanical construction experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project or Primavera scheduling software
Equal Opportunity Employer