VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
We are currently seeking a Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards Certified Asbestos Project Monitor with NIOSH 582 certification to support project work in the Massachusetts and Regional area offices, during and after normal business hours. Work duties follow the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards (MassDLS) and Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) regulations, EPA's National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs) regulations, EPA’s Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) regulations as well as OSHA’s General Industry and Construction Standards.
- Perform air monitoring duties prior to, during, and the completion of the asbestos abatement activities. Including, but not limited to: contractor/worker certification review pre-abatement containment inspections, baseline air sample collection, perimeter air sampling and inspection monitoring during the abatement activities, OSHA monitoring, clearance monitoring, as well as collection and on-site PCM analysis of air clearance samples.
- Communicating effectively with the assigned project manager from start to finish of the project.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Two-year Associates Degree in an Environmental Field.
- Current Asbestos Project Monitor Training and MA DLS Certification.
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 582 Certification.
- Minimum two years’ experience asbestos project monitoring.
- Massachusetts Certified Asbestos Inspector is a plus.
- Additional certifications/licenses for other services, including mold, lead-based paint, and other environmental services is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of EPA’s NESHAPs and AHERA regulations as well as MassDLS and MassDEP asbestos regulations, and guidance documents.
- Understand the use of Personal Protective Equipment, including the use of respirators and current fit test and medical surveillance for asbestos projects.
- The ability to prepare clear, concise oral and written reports;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and to maintain harmonious internal and external relationships.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel for reporting and/or data entry.
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to travel regionally between 80% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs; ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Position may occasionally involve a client site assignment lasting several months at a time.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11