Requisition ID: 53082
Job Function/Category: Power
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
This is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs, following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
The primary purpose for this position is to administratively manage the Operations & Maintenance (“O&M”) activities for the PSE&G Solar 4 All® fleet which includes 32 centralized solar facilities, and approximately 171,000 pole attached solar units. The position manages subcontractor work specifically to the pole attached solar fleet to improve performance and control costs; conducts operational reviews, develops and prepare and present analytical performance reports, and resolves issues and implement recommendations to ensure the solar fleet maximizes output and minimizes cost. Ensure compliance with the NJBPU Board Order governing the program, and all environmental regulations and statutes as they relate to the operation of the solar fleet. Review and approve invoices, work activities, and O&M costs to assure compliance to contracts. Initiate and lead status meetings to manage and track the progress of O&M activities with all parties (internal and external resources) involved with the S4A program. Develop work process maps and procedures for administering pole attached solar unit information and work, collaborating with contractors and PSE&G departments to assure data and information is accurate and timely. Address customer concerns associated with pole attached solar units or centralized solar facilities.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• BS degree in Engineering, plus five years’ experience
• Experience in operations & maintenance, asset management, project management, or construction-related field
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment, and demonstrated experience managing multiple activities and contracts
• Experience in developing work scopes and operating procedures
• Experience with developing and implementing process improvement initiatives
• Familiar with troubleshooting, identify root causes, and resolve failures associated with electrical / mechanical systems and equipment
• Demonstrated ability to locate and extract data from business systems for analysis to evaluate solar equipment and business process performance
• Demonstrated knowledge of electric delivery systems
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software, and strong Excel skills
• Ability to multi-task and maintain high performance during periods of change and drive high standards for individual and organizational performance
• Excellent teamwork and facilitation skills
• Advanced interpersonal skills, communication skills and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding and approval
• Ability to develop solid working relationships with peers and individuals in other areas by understanding their perspectives and issues.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Manage self-awareness, demonstrate ethics and integrity and align performance for success
Desired Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• At least 3-5 years of experience in utility scale solar PV projects, operations and maintenance activities, and development of work scopes and operating procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of solar facility construction and operations from an electrical, civil, and mechanical perspective
• Demonstrated knowledge in administering maintenance and construction contracts
Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment:Electrical, Engineer, Compliance, Testing, Facilities, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Operations