As the overall Project Quality Manager on the $3.3B Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project, you will oversee the Quality Program for the entire project.
Flatiron, as part of the Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP) Joint Venture has been selected to construct the new Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project in Virginia.
The multibillion dollar HRBT project scope will include: a new bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction, and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is expected to conclude in 2025.
- As a member of the senior project team, you will be responsible for implementation and oversight of the project wide quality program.
- Act as liaison with owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and internal departments on quality related matters as required
- Supervise and provide direct oversight to a team of quality managers on-site personnel involved in quality assurance work.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality assurance professionals, including resolution of technical problems, developmental/approval of in-house training, etc.
- Review Design and/or Construction Quality Control Process periodically for conformance and participate in review board meetings to resolve non-conformance reports (NCR’s); follow up to insure corrections are implemented
- Oversee the resolution of escalated/critical project NCR’s and ensure review and closure in a time sensitive manner.
- Implement and ensure correct management of document control system for all quality data and insure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance
- Develop a plan for process change to eliminate non-conformance trends and review change requests to release packages for conformance with QMP
- Supervise internal/external audits to insure quality assurance requirements are implemented and/or maintained and designate appropriate personnel to perform audits
- Provide oversight to the inspection process for work across various disciplines
- Responsible for controlling and administering a multimillion dollar QC budget
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution, or industry equivalent quality assurance related experience and/or training
- Minimum 20+ years’ experience in construction Quality Control / Quality Assurance with knowledge of regional environmental regulations.
- Experience working in the state of Virginia is highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in heavy civil construction, with previous experience as a Quality Manager on large-scale heavy civil construction projects ($300M++) supervising a Quality Team.
- Substantial management of large teams required
- Proven ability to write and produce technical reports and procedural manuals and ability to oversee internal and external audits
- Exemplary knowledge of codes and standards and expertise in quality management through Document Control Systems
- USACE - Construction Quality Management for Contractors Certified is preferred.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certified is preferred.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.