M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PURPOSE: The Associate Project Scheduler designates work to be done and specifies deadlines for completing tasks and deliverables. Full use and application of standard theories, concepts and techniques in a specialized field. Responsible for aiding, tracking, monitoring status, controlling and performing issue resolution throughout the projects life cycle. Provides solutions to a variety of problems. What to do is defined but how to do it is left up to the individual.
- Providing project planning and scheduling documentation to support project and customer requirements.
- Providing planning and scheduling support for in-house or on-site work as required.
- Assisting Team Leads, Superintendents and the Project and Program Managers in tracking the projects against baseline schedules and budgets.
- Preparing periodic management and/or customer reports and presentations as required.
- Assisting on project proposal teams.
- Prior to project start, creating and revising preliminary master schedules, detailing the sequence of all work to be performed.
- Assisting Project Manager in maintaining Master schedule for each project, identifying and recording the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
- Evaluating actual progress and providing regular schedule updates.
- Interfacing with Operations to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contributing to the development of working schedules for Estimating, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrate the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Assist in preparing and issuing proposal and preliminary schedule.
- Incorporating Resource and/or Cost Loading data into schedules as required.
- Consulting appropriate project team members and estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work.
- Assisting Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitoring such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and helping in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems.
- Providing information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
- Remaining current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- Continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Aiding Project Managers and others as required with incorporation of fragments in Project Schedule.
- 2-4 years of experience using MS Project/Primavera scheduling software for small to medium projects.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) and SharePoint to create effective management and status reports.
- Change control experience, working with multiple project schedule baselines and full lifecycle implementation.
- Limited experience as a Junior Project Scheduler.
- Construction experience is desired.
- Experience working in a matrix organization structure.
- Experience supporting multiple Projects.
- Experience compiling large reports.
Preferred but not required:
- Project Management Software (PM Online) – In-house Software.
- AS400 (internal)
- Estimating Software-Accubid
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed