The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable invoices and disbursements. He/She is responsible for communication with vendors and ensuring business needs are being met.
- Handles invoice flow using third party invoice processing solution
- Interacts with employees at all levels to facilitate the smooth flow of invoice submission and approvals.
- Maintains consistency of general ledger classification and allocations between branches/departments.
- Codes invoices, vouchers, and check requests with correct codes, conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Works directly with internal and external vendors on complex issues regarding invoice processing and payments.
- Prepares and maintains non-inventory purchase order files along with the supporting documentation for invoice processing, in accordance with record retention policy.
- Partners with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
- Assists in troubleshooting customer issues, providing recommendations for resolution and escalating to management immediately.
- Participates in the vendor setup and credit application processes as directed by the AP Supervisor.
- Assist in the annual 1099 preparation and reporting.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Executes and meets deadlines for processing accounting transactions.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times
- Is responsible for being reliable punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of accounts payable experience. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field may offset years of experience requirement.
- Understanding of the Accounts Payable function and automated invoice processing solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external custom
- Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role as processes are optimized.
- Keen attention to detail.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.