G4S’s Project Superintendent is responsible for attaining a successful execution of all project requirements for multiple projects in multiple locations. This person manages the site superintendents who manage the daily site requirements including supervising subcontractors, documenting all field work conditions and issues, developing and maintaining work schedules, updating the project schedule, supporting customer submittals, performing QA/QC of all work efforts, and maintaining a high safety awareness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the G4S organization and directs the execution of all aspects of project start-up, project implementation, progress reporting, and project completion and closeout.
- Fully understands all obligations under the terms of the Prime Contract and effectively brings to bear all available resources to meet these obligations. Experienced and adept at determining issues outside the scope of work that translate into a negotiated change order, if warranted.
- Represents the company in subcontractor pre-bid, pre-construction and in-progress negotiations, and is the customer interface on any contract-related meetings or items and any initial job start-up issues.
- Conducts site surveys and threat assessments and generates associated reports, drawings, schedules and cost estimates.
- Serves as liaison between on-site personnel and engineering department for technical support and Engineering Change Proposals.
- Proficient at generating, tracking, and analyzing construction critical path schedules in order to proceed on the most efficient and cost-effective courses of action.
- Proficient in all trades working within the assigned project. Can recognize and correct inefficient or unsafe practices as they occur.
- Experienced in negotiation and mediation of disputes with the Owner, subcontractors, or team members. Familiar enough with the scope of authority to quickly escalate unsolved problems to higher authority for resolution should circumstances warrant.
- Versed and experienced in techniques for effective hiring/firing, team building, employee counseling/coaching, and rewards/discipline, as appropriate.
- Assesses and develops team members by recognizing skill set strengths and weaknesses and, as a response, provides opportunities for formal training and training from experience.
- Monitors and manages specific project budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or GED equivalency plus three to five years of supervisory field construction with two to four years of security experience. A BS degree in construction management or engineering is desired. Experience must include field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility. Experience in dealing with Department of Defense personnel is a plus. Employees should also be adept in the use of the following or similar systems: Access control - AMAG., Software House, Lenel, Honeywell; Alarm - Radionics (Bosch), DMP; Panic – Innovinics; Video Monitoring - Milestone, Agent VI, Genetec, NICE CCTV, Bosch CCTV, Pelco CCTV; PSIM – CNL, NICE Situator . Past supervisory and force protection experience is a major plus. An acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Successful candidates must be able to pass drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport. Domestic US and overseas travel will be required.
A U.S. Department of Defense (DOD)secret level clearance will likely be required by the incumbent if the department or work location deals with DOD security installation work.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language and uses communication skills effectively in dealing with all team members, the Owner, and home office management staff.
The incumbent must possess the ability to define potential construction problems, collect critical data and facts, and draw valid conclusions to address all issues of construction. This includes the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The incumbent is required to travel to local and remote sites, walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Travel will be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Technology?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Technology is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Technology takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Technology has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Technology is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.G4STechnology.com or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Technology is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://careers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor