Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial, residential and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with the general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
We are looking for a surveyor to provide direct detailed survey control and layout support to project teams in order to efficiently, successfully, and profitably complete assigned construction projects. This person will work closely with Helix’s BIM Modelers, CAD Detailers, Superintendents and Project Managers/Engineers to complete their work. While working with Helix’s many project teams, this person will be expected to be self-sufficient to manage and perform their duties at various project sites throughout the Bay Area.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Field data collection, verifying horizontal and vertical controls.
- Work daily managing and surveying, sometimes with a small survey crew. Work cohesively with our BIM Department to verify/manage data, loading data into Layout Tools.
- Manage individual building schedules as it relates to concrete pour schedules and survey operations.
- The bulk of the survey work will be shooting points for electrical boxes/sleeves/etc. on slab on deck applications. Some survey will be required for slab on grade and site/parking lot electrical installations
- Highly proficient with Topcon and Sokkia Total Stations
- Experience with AutoCAD/ AutoCAD BIM360 Glue, BIM360 Layout software
- As-Built verification – Back check from field to model/model to field
- Layout – Building/Grid layout, various building systems layout, equipment/anchorage layout, foundation and bolt templates layout and verification, verification of structural systems, etc.
- Management of in house surveyors
- Familiar reading/interpreting construction drawing.
- Proficiency with drawing/producing shop drawings in AutoCAD is a plus
Come join our team and get the fulfilling career you deserve!
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.