Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Client Services Sr. Hardware Technician responsibilities include the troubleshooting and resolution of hardware failure, installation, repair, and replacement. The Hardware Technician also is responsible for the coordination and execution of computer moves within the corporate office. Position includes providing top tier corporate computing systems support. Responsibilities also entail development and maintenance of a productive relationship with vendors, business partners, clients and members of other Information Services teams. Position requires the organizational skills to be successful in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service and technical background within a dynamic IT environment. He/she will be a well-organized, systematic problem-solver with a proven ability to communicate ideas and develop business relationships. Large enterprise IT delivery and familiarity with ITIL standards are required to ensure Draper continues to provide best in class services to our business customers.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer equipment and peripherals devices
• Work with vendors on facilitating warranty and non-warranty part replacements for computer equipment
• Coordination of the procurement and installation of computer-related peripherals
• Perform coordination of proactive and preventative maintenance of business systems, assist in planning of hardware refreshes and equipment procurement
• Manage, maintain and purchase computer inventory following company’s procurement and inventory management practices
• Work with business partners and customers to manage and facilitate equipment moves
• Provide root cause analysis of current issues and work with other department staff to remediate quickly and efficiently
• Manage relationships with vendors providing products, solutions and/or services to Draper IS needs.
• Ability to effectively manage and update work queue through IT Service Management tool
• Develop and maintain overall documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
• CompTIA+ Certification
• At least 10 years of end-user hardware repair support in a “hands-on” corporate environment
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to juggle and track many tasks and complete them in a timely manner
• Proven project and delivery management skills
• Extensive technical expertise in the hardware configuration of PC and Mac endpoints
• Experience with vendor management for procurement of hardware inventory and associated peripherals
• Experience using/managing the functionality and workflow with IT Service Management tool
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
• Must be able to lift a maximum of Thirty (30) pounds
- Dell Tech Direct hardware certification on OptiPlex and Latitude LOBs
- AppleCare Mac Technician certification
- Experience working in a highly secure or DOD environment; knowledge of both technical tools and industry standards
- Familiarity with NIST, NISP, DFARS, and other DOD compliance documents and standards
Current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundations certification preferred but not required
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security Government security clearance requires proof of US citizenship.