Summary of the role. The Promotions Marketing Manager will focus on establishing meaningful promotions with top-tier brands that drive Pokémon product sales and/or achieve key marketing objectives. This position will lead all aspects from the identification of the opportunity through creative execution.
What You Will Do
- Work to understand TPCi business and marketing objectives to determine where promotional marketing partnerships can have a demonstrable impact
- Establish clear goals/outcomes and metrics of success for each promotional partner program
- Identify business categories and target partners whose target audience, product values, and go-to-market practices best match the promotional goals/outcomes
- Lead business development process by making/maintaining business relationships, setting planning meetings, inviting required attendees, preparing pitch materials, and driving follow up communication with key decision makers
- Determine creative focus for promotions based on TPCi’s upcoming plans, the program target market, time-period, partner capabilities, types of products, etc.
- Guide partners to an acceptable interpretation of the brand, as fit for their promotion
- Collaborate multiple TPCi departments including Design, Marketing, Licensing, Production, and Legal to support and execute the promotion
- Manage the review and approval of product and marketing submissions through our Digital Rights Management software, ensuring that products align with TPCi’s style guide and art assets guidelines
- Monitor the execution of the promotion to ensure agreed contractual terms and obligations are met in a timely manner by both sides
- Maintain regular contact with all participants and keep team updated on progress of promotions from pitch through execution/analysis
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of promotions with Marketing and Business analytics teams; develop insights to impact future promotions
- Prepare regular business reviews and updates to senior management regarding progress and/or roadblocks
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years business development and/or partner marketing experience; preferably with kids entertainment brand
- Extensive background in securing partnerships with global brands
- Experience running full-cycle promotional campaigns from ideation to post-mortem
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage partners in a professional manner.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Impact and Influence: You have the ability to persuade others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Your strategic influence includes establishing credibility or using data to directly persuade or address a person’s issues or concerns.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This position will require occasional domestic travel (up to 20%).
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.