Come Join Our Growing CompanyQuality Oil Company, a local, family-owned company since 1929, is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, outgoing, and goal driven Propane Sales Representative.
The Propane Sales Representative is responsible for the growth and continued success of sales and business relationships for the propane division of Quality Oil Company. The primary function of this position is to drive revenue growth through new and existing business. Additionally, this position effectively manages and maintains customer relationships to ensure a high-quality customer experience. This position will focus primarily on commercial and agricultural customer development. Additionally, this position will assist with residential (heat, logs) and outdoor living sales responsibilities and growth as needed.
- Establishes productive connections and contacts with existing customer base. Fosters continued business and growth through the already established channels.
- Identifies prospective new customers in market and establishes new accounts. Uses effective planning and organization to meet face-to-face with potential customers and develops sales proposals and presentations.
- Works in connection with Sales Manager to develop sales strategies to strengthen sales revenue by understanding the customer requirements and competitor offers. Maximizes opportunities by understanding the transportation, product, equipment, labor, costs, etc.
- Uses analysis and marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and monitor competition
- Builds and updates account plans for key growth customers. Conducts account reviews with Sales Manager and ensures service and contact needs are being met for all parties.
- Resolves issues by using problem solving skills to develop solutions and makes recommendations to satisfy the needs of the customer and company
- Receives calls and leads from customers for products and/or services and handles accordingly in a timely manner
- Interacts with customers in a friendly and professional manner, including providing information to assist them in making sound purchasing decisions for propane products and services based on their needs
- Contacts customers to schedule visits and goes in the field to perform such visits accordingly
- Effectively tracks customer correspondences and lead origins
- Creates, submits, and tracks estimates to customers in a timely manner
- Performs follow-up call(s) to customers to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Accurately maintains customer files in an organized manner
- Establishes and maintains rapport with customer base and provides excellent customer service
- Responsible for negotiating and closing sales in order to achieve department sales goals
- Willing to complete any other tasks requested by Sales Manager
- Propane experience is preferred, but not required
- Prior sales experience is preferred, but not required
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid NC driver’s license
- Must be able to travel as required and sit for long periods of time
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office experience
- Must have intermediate technology experience, including multiple devices such as smart phone, tablet, etc.
- Must have willingness to adapt to and embrace new technology.
- Must be able to preserve confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism
- Ability to manage large and small account successfully
- Must be able to produce positive results in an unsupervised work environment
- Ability to work in a high pressure and quick-paced environment; can act quickly and decisively in changing situations
- Must have willingness toward administrative tasks, i.e., keeping up with receipts, reporting, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
We offer a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, holidays, 401(k) with a 5% company match, and profit sharing!