A large, New England based real estate company with a 50+ year track record of success in property management, and development is seeking an experienced Property Accountant. The successful candidate will be working with senior level staff and other accounting team members completing financial reporting for 190 properties in seven states.
Specific job responsibilities include: Complete monthly closing for a portfolio of properties; Supporting Property Management staff; Prepare annual audit work papers; Coordination of property budgeting process with the property Account Executives. This is a "hands on" position that requires both strong technical knowledge along with superior written and verbal communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of experience in Property Management Accounting.
- BS degree in Accounting (or Finance/Business/STEM degree with requisite accounting courses).
- Track record of ability to handle increasing levels of complexity and/or responsibility.
- Experience with Yardi software (or similar Real Estate PM package) is a “plus”.
- Highly proficient with EXCEL and MS Office, as well as strong computer and analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
Desired Personal Work Traits:
- Must have a “Customer Service” orientation toward all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment supporting staff working from remote client sites.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take charge of tasks and also lead/problem solve.
- Assumes responsibility for projects that require a high level of detail orientation.
- Have a high-level of ethics, personal integrity and confidentiality in regards to financial matters.
- Project and maintain a professional attitude, demeanor and appearance.
- Please note that all job offers are contingent upon passing background check and drug test.
Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements as part of your response.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Real Estate / Property Accountant