Arbor Management Acquisitions Company (AMAC) currently has an opening in its Manhattan office for a Property Accountant.
AMAC is a full service commercial real estate investment and operating firm based in New York and founded in 2012. Since inception, the company has successfully acquired more than 7,000 multifamily units nationwide, including more than 20 walk-up and elevator multifamily properties in NYC and 3,000 garden style units in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
The company has pursued investments in stabilized properties, distressed portfolios, value-add strategies, and ground-up developments. Currently, AMAC has in excess of $100M of capital to invest and expects the portfolio to continue to grow.
The Property Accountant will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist office personnel with any financial/leasing matters as may be required.
- Work with other accounting department personnel in expediting the timely flow of information as required.
- Maintain and reconcile the General Ledger activity for the property’s in your assigned real estate portfolio.
- Complete/review the monthly close and prepare required financial reports to the banks, lending institutions, investors and Management.
- Complete/review the annual close and assist with the year-end reporting with the independent auditors.
- Maintain general ledgers, reconcile accounts and make required adjustments when necessary.
- Prepare monthly/annual rent billing and Operating Expense/Real Estate/Tax/Utility true up.
- Assist in preparation of a property’s annual operating budget.
- Support the onsite Property Managers and other site personnel in all aspects of financial reporting.
- Monitor tenant receivables to make sure amounts due are paid on a timely basis.
- Assist other accounting personnel in making bank deposits.
- Work with home office personnel (Leasing Coordinator, Construction Manager, Asset Management, etc.) to maintain the integrity of the accounting system and to facilitate their financial reporting requirements.
- Assist the team with the various reporting to Regulatory Agencies.
- Assist the team in the preparation of the year end accounting for the various real estate entities for timely completion of the year-end financial statements and tax returns.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: A minimum of 3+ years’ of relevant experience working as a property accountant
- Thorough experience and knowledge of real estate tax and insurance
- A strong background with preparing monthly and quarterly property bill backs
- Experience working with all aspects of Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Experience with reviewing Financial Statements