Golden State Water Company is one of the largest investor-owned water utilities in the United States. We have been all about water for more than 80 years. Our team of professionals delivers reliable, quality water and great service to customers in 75 communities across California.
- Reviews completeness and accuracy of job closing package information. Performs cost and budget analysis of projects and ensures that all documentation, analysis, authorization, etc. for all phases of projects are complete and proper.
- Reads engineering drawings (As-built) and identifies installed and retired facilities.
- Prepares complex cost summary on work orders to be closed.
- Develops and processes single and compound journal entries for the closing and recording of work order additions and retirement to utility plant records.
- Develops and processes final cost statements for completed and closed new business jobs.
- Process special projects, account analysis reports, and other analysis as assigned.
- Develops and produces various Power Plant queries for 106, 101, and other queries as assigned.
- Ensures CIAC assets are created with correct values & cost of removal process are in compliance with Power Plant procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under general supervision.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or business preferred.
- At least four (4) years accounting or closely related experience; property accounting experience preferred; utility property accounting experience as plus.
- Demonstrated critical thinking capacity and ability to work with minimum of supervision. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting software preferred; Power Plant Fixed Asset tracking software experience as plus.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft PC software including Word and Excel.
- May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to information that may be considered confidential, private and sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be required to both allow and pass a background check.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.