WHO WE ARE:
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country. BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years and has seen significant growth. Our headquarters, located in the Financial District in downtown San Francisco, is the heart of our company culture centered around creativity, integrity and collaboration. Join us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The San Francisco Facilities Coordinator is responsible for essential office support including maintenance and upkeep of the office facilities and all safetyregulations and requirements are consistently met. Develops and maintains positive working relationshipswith property management, building engineers and third party vendors to ensure all assignments andprojects are completed in a timely manner. Key point of contact during after hours and weekends.
- Suite Maintenance, Supplies and Support:
- Coordinate placement of new hires, temps, contractors and relocations with IT for timelyexecution; ensure company seating protocol is maintained
- Ensure visitors have access to workstations and are provided with security access cards whenappropriate
- Obtain approvals and delivery of company approved purchases as necessary
- This position is required to respond to emergency or questions from building management,building security and contractor/vendors during afterhours and weekends
- Perform regular audits of facilities and provide recommendations for resolution of substandardissues or discrepancies; seeks counsel with manager to ensure compliance with office leaseand/or Rules & Regulations
- Respond to internal service request via the Service Desk and coordinate with Building Services -HVAC, lights, kitchenettes & restrooms (plumbing/cleaning/repair), general & specific janitorialneeds, spot carpet cleaning utilizing building preferred service request system; primary contactfor large or complicated repairs
- Vendor coordination:
- Accompany and oversee vendor personnel engaged in the installation, repair, and maintenanceof equipment; and ensure final results meet business requirements , obtains COI when necessary
- Ensure Coordinate contractor use of freight/dock with property management
- Review and ensure accuracy of vendor work orders pertaining to facility activities and ensureinformation is accurate and complete; this position does not have authority for payment
- Conduct safety management training including coordination of floor wardens; ensure first aidsupplies and disaster recovery supplies are monitored and replenished as needed
- Coordinate First Aid/CPR and AED certified training
- Respond promptly to reported emergencies in a critical manner, adhering to established companydisaster protocols;
- Assist with the review of employee self-evaluation ergo assessments and coordinate purchase ofspecialty equipment with HR
HOW YOU’D FIT IN:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or, one to three years related experienceand/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- The individual must have moderate skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with basic tools, including small power tools to complete minor repairs. Familiaritywith workstations parts and structure is helpful.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Unparalleled financial strength and stability
- Fantastic growth and advancement opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc)
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Discounts across companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.
NOTE: BHHC does not conduct interviews via social media (e.g. Google hangout, LinkedIn, etc.). Please be aware that any such contact is fraudulent and we advise that you not provide any personal information. This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888.897.7781 www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by local ordinance. Additionally, no applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense except to the extent necessary to obtain a necessary license or to comply with The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of l994, which prohibits the employment by an insurance company of persons convicted of certain crimes, unless a waiver is obtained. #zip