VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The PCA, Project Manager we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess sites across the country, performing field work as well as providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct Property Condition Assessments, commercial energy usage assessments, and Phase I & II Site Assessments.
- Conduct/Direct field assessment activities.
- Write and review condition reports, energy audits and other assessment reports.
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for projects.
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required.
- Experience in the execution of Property Condition Assessments; Energy Auditing Services and development of energy conservation measures and experience with and Environmental Assessments a plus.
- Frequent travel throughout North America and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, or equivalent experience within the industry.
- Four to 10 years of construction and/or building related experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Mechanical systems evaluation experience a plus.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification required, training provided.
- Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) is not required, but would be beneficial.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain, climbing of ladders to access and evaluate roofing conditions and roof mounted equipment.
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites occasionally.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11