Manage and direct the operations of each property to which assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the investment dollars, maintaining the property at the established levels of protection, care and maintenance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping. Establish and monitor preventive maintenance schedules. Prepare or supervise the daily work schedule for operations, and coordination of all in-house construction. Conduct quarterly and annual building inspections.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager or Director, Management Services in the annual interior and exterior office building inspection and prepare a report.
- Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations, and construction work being done in building.
- Maintain established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property. Responsible for issue and control of keys to the property. Prepare required reports of accidents, burglaries, etc.
- Maintain proper control of materials and supplies. Requisition by established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and audit annual operating budgets and monitor five percent (5%) tolerance. Prepare monthly report of operation for review with owner.
- Secure bids for capital expenditure – submit to owner. Secure approval and implement.
- Process and maintain all security deposits. Track & instruct accounting regarding disposition of security deposits, if required by owner practices.
- Review construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations to be followed by construction department or tenant.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level. Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Prepare synopsis of lease documents and submit billing change notice to accounting department Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have final approval authority of all lease abstracts and final document output.
Other Job Functions:
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Maintain accurate personnel records; prepare time sheets for Business Operations Manager to process.
- Conduct employee relations program, which encompasses employment interviews, employee discipline, and union grievances. Prepare and maintain copies of HR approved job descriptions for each job and insure proper employee training.
- Attendance of all scheduled Property Management staff meetings and annual conference and participation in trade and Professional Associates (i.e., BOMA, IREM, IFMA).
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Valid real estate license in States that require it. May perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect