A privately held commercial real estate investment firm that features a diverse portfolio of properties is currently seeking an individual to fulfill the position of Property Manager for properties located in south Florida, to join our team.
Who we are:
We are a privately held investment firm that features a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate, including retail, residential, office, and industrial properties located across the United States. We are a full service real estate company specializing in the ownership, development, management and leasing of income producing properties with 204 properties in 22 states and Puerto Rico.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration, management, and maintenance supervision (including some construction supervision) of a portfolio of shopping centers and other commercial properties.
- Perform property inspections and compile reports.
- Collection, qualification, negotiation, and submittal of new and existing contracts with outside vendors.
- Supervision of contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Monitor vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the respective service agreements.
- Interpretation and implementation of lease responsibilities and coordination with Lease Administration Department.
- Be intricately involved in all aspects of property management and tenant matters.
- Maintain close relationships and rapport with all tenants.
- Coordinate maintenance programs for the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties.
- Participate in the administration of a strategic property plan and budget for the properties.
- Process vendor invoices and tenant bill-backs.
- Maintain a working relationship with all local municipalities to ensure the properties are in good standing, including resolving any violations.
- Handle tenant complaints
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of commercial real estate property management experience with an emphasis on shopping centers.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a wide range of property management matters.
- Must be an independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Must have strongiPad/iPhone and PC skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience with Skyline, Yardi, Avid, and/or MIR accounting software preferred.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make solid, justifiable legal decisions and take action in solving problems.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Must be able to travel on an as needed basis multiple times per week to all properties
- Prior construction management experience and general knowledge of construction and costs preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college preferred.