Arbor Multifamily Acquisitions Company (AMAC) currently has an opening in its Manhattan office for a Property Manager. The candidate will oversee properties within the NYC portfolio and report to the Senior Property Manager.
AMAC is a full service commercial real estate investment and operating firm based in New York and founded in 2012. Since inception, the company has successfully acquired more than 7,000 multifamily units nationwide, including more than 20 walk-up and elevator multifamily properties in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The company has pursued investments in stabilized properties, distressed portfolios, value-add strategies, and ground-up developments. Currently, AMAC has capital to invest and expects the portfolio to continue to grow.
The Property Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of certain properties in AMAC’s NYC portfolio, which currently consists of approximately 20 multifamily properties in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The Property Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Visiting properties in the portfolio on a daily basis
- Directly oversee various third party property managers and leasing agents
- Develop operational and business strategies for property operations to achieve optimal performance
- Prepare annual financial and capital budgets in collaboration with 3rd party property management companies
- Help oversee the general contractors renovating properties within the portfolio
- Obtain 3rd party bids and proposals for various capital projects and initiatives
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Accounting, Master’s degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of 3+ years’ of relevant experience in Real Estate with an emphasis on risk/financial analysis, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets and Asset Management. Must have experience with NYC properties.
- A strong knowledge of real estate with a particular emphasis on multifamily properties in NYC
- Excellent project management, leadership and organizational skills
- Thorough experience and knowledge with rent regulated tenants and applicable NYC laws
- Understanding for NYC DOB requirements