Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide monthly ongoing and/or special financial reports to property ownership and Madison Marquette management; prepare annual property operating budgets and lead the development of the annual business plan.
- Ensure the timely collection of rents and work directly with tenants in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed.
- Ensure Tenant compliance with Lease provisions.
- Manage the coordination of all tenant construction activity.
- Work with both the on-site marketing manager and with the Madison Marquette Regional Marketing Director to develop the annual marketing and event plan and budget for review and approval, and ensure the successful implementation of the plan within the established budget.
- Assist MM Leasing Representatives with development of leasing materials and presentation of the property on site tours.
- Fully understand and maintain Madison Marquette operating policies and procedures as defined in Madison’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure that all members of the Property Management Team are trained in, regularly review, and at all times maintain standards defined in the SOP.
- Provide on-going guidance, training and management oversight for employees at the property, with the fundamental objective of creating a safe working environment, and a safe and pleasurable experience for all shopping center customers.
- Complete Property Inspection Reports and Property Audit Reports as per SOP.
- Negotiate Vendor Agreements and Contracts as per the SOP.
- Authorize ongoing property expenditures and vendor agreements per the client or Madison Marquette Contract and Invoice approval matrix, as applicable.
- Review and approve accounts payable following SOP guidelines and Madison Marquette or client accounting and financial management procedures.
- Maintain on-site records relevant to activities at the property.
- Maintain appearance, cleanliness and safety of the property, to include vacant spaces per the Madison Marquette’s SOP.
- Engage, coordinate and monitor the activities of contractor services, as necessary, and recommend and direct ongoing maintenance and necessary repairs for the centers.
- Recommend and implement capital improvement campaigns in collaboration with Madison Marquette construction and development professionals
- Promote workplace safety by establishing programs to ensure the property is free of hazards; respond promptly and in person to major emergency situations.
- Represent the shopping center in the local retail community; establish and maintain open and productive communication with landlord representatives, tenants, vendors, community leaders and company employees.
- Plan and conduct regular business meetings with property employees, tenants, vendors, and other groups with interest in the property.
- Monitor tenant sales and work to increase tenant sales productivity.
- Manage center in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws; recommend such legal action as may be required to protect and maintain the financial integrity of the center.
- Continually improve processes related to above duties and responsibilities with the objective of providing the most desirable shopping, dining, living, and working environment at each center, as applicable.
- Work extended hours, including weekends, as necessary, to achieve the desired results for the property.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing retail or mixed-use property.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated management experience, mixed-use retail/office/residential property.
- Experience in oversight of shopping center construction activity, including budget responsibility and working with tenants to maintain acceptable sales levels during construction.
- Proficient in use of personal computer and word processing software, including Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word and Excel) and Real Estate accounting software such as MRI or Yardi.
- Strong financial reporting, accounting or related experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of commercial Leases.
- Must own/lease vehicle with valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Real Estate License, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership abilities.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle office equipment, paper reports, etc. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Must be able to move throughout the property, including up and down ladders and stairwells. May occasionally be exposed to machine noise and inclement weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- 5 year(s): 5 years experience in large retail
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Real Estates License-Slsp