Management of the entire proposal preparation process, including coordinating input from technical staff, graphic artists, and sub-consultants in our North Haven, CT office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties.
- With little or no supervision, independently perform research, writing, editing, and proposal production and coordination
- Assist Capture Manager in integrating pursuits strategy/win themes
- Lead communications and content collection with teaming partners and subcontractors
- Lead proposal development process, including meeting client requirements, schedule and budget
- Write or edit content for some nontechnical sections, including interviewing subject matter experts and tailoring resume and project description content
- Accountable for and oversee QA/AC of proposal documents
- Ensure the accuracy of documents for proposal submission
- Reviewing RFP announcement to see that all criteria is met for submission
- Prepare qualification packages and presentations.
- Prepare SF254/255, SF330 and public agency specific forms
- Coordinate graphics from all parties involved, internal and external.
- Ensure proposal is submitted to right party and on time
- Follow up on the review of proposal and schedule short listed interviews
- Write and update resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions etc.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Engineering, Architecture or a related field OR 5+ years of relevant proposal management experience in lieu of degree
5+ years of experience as a Proposal Coordinator in the A/E/C Industry
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and In Design software packages.
Graphic design skills in the use of Adobe Photoshop and In-design is a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must have the ability to work independently on multiple concurrent assignments within tight schedules. Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures. Working knowledge of marketing databases and proposal resources files. Understanding of basic marketing principles.
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, employee-owned, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.