Peraton has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Proposal Editor who will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on a variety of proposal-related documents to edit materials in a manner that improves clarity and quality without altering technical accuracy.
The work you’ll do at Peraton matters – our work directly impacts the safety and security, of our country and allied nations. We apply advanced solutions in cyber, secure communications, and space operations that solve our customers’ most daunting challenges. We have a significant amount of competitive proposals to be submitted by the close of 2019, a material increase over the prior fiscal year. The business we are pursuing represents a healthy balance of new customers and programs, along with a strong base of recompetes and competitive task orders with current customers. With each proposal, we are positioning Peraton for future growth and greater opportunity.
What you’ll do….
- Edit proposal documents for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and terminology while judiciously applying the Peraton style guide.
- Offer practical solutions for making narratives more cohesive and compelling.
- Help educate technical writers on style guide conventions and effective business writing principles.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to present information clearly and simply in a manner appropriate for the intended audience.
You’d be a great fit if….
- You have a BA in English, Journalism, or related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- You have a minimum five years of editing experience with outstanding attention to detail
- You have experience with Microsoft Office suite, advanced PowerPoint
- You had an active Top Secret security clearance
It would be even better if you….
- Have experience working with Office 365
- Have knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Have experience coaching writers of varying skill levels and providing constructive feedback
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to quickly adopt styles used by various government agencies and internal customers
- Have the ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequently changing tasks based upon customer priorities
- Have strong time management skills
- Are astrong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You have an active TS/SCI security clearance
- You have a great sense of humor
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.