Moffatt & Nichol is seeking two Proposal Managers to join our team of marketing professionals in supporting the firm’s business development efforts. This role leads and supports marketing pursuits across the company’s 43 offices, which offer multi-discipline services to transportation, ports & harbors, energy, federal, and private clients throughout the world. Proposal Managers are responsible for leading the development of pursuit strategies and persuasive deliverables that differentiate and create a competitive advantage for our firm. Qualified candidates can be located in the following offices: Costa Mesa, CA or Long Beach, CA.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage, coordinate, write, edit, and produce from capture planning to shortlist development:
- Statements of qualification
- Collateral marketing materials
- Pursuit deliverables
- Collaborate with Project Managers, key engineering and planning staff, and fellow marketers to ensure deliverables meet client needs and RFP/RFQ requirements
- Guide pursuit/proposal teams in developing and refining winning strategies and themes, compelling messages, and persuasive benefit/differentiator pairs
- Develop and write persuasive messages based on information from independent research, meetings with proposal team members, and knowledge of the organization’s capabilities/services
- Consolidate team input into clear and effective responses
- Write executive summaries and non-technical content
- Tailor project and resume information to the specific needs of each pursuit and client
- Provide preliminary and final quality control check of materials including:
- Proofreading for comprehension, grammar, and punctuation
- Adhering to Request for Proposal (RFP) compliance
- Conforming to proposal strategies and win themes
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers to develop visual themes that support winning strategies and appropriately address target audience
- Manage and coach large teams of professionals on presentation skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related discipline
- 5+ years of proposal writing experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of professional writing experience with an engineering, architectural or construction firm
- Experience working on transportation proposals is required
- Strong project management and people management skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Federal submissions is preferred
- Experience and success working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with professionalism, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through, researching, and problem-solving ability
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 43 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol’s EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.