ECS is seeking a Proposal Manager to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
The Proposal Manager is primarily responsible for managing and writing proposals in support of ECS' growth goals, strategic initiatives and service offerings. This position is a highly visible role that works closely with executive leadership, account executives, capture personnel, and operations management. Duties are performed within a team environment with a focus on quality and excellence.
Responsibilities: Managing assigned proposal resources, writing past performance and management sections, editing, ensuring compliance, resolving issues, coordinating among key stakeholders, and analyzing solicitations.
This includes, but not limited to:
- Leads and participates in collaborative sessions to refine win strategy, competitive assessments, and customer pain points or hot buttons.
- Ensures development and distribution of appropriate proposal-related documentation, including compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, writing guidance, and kick-off presentations.
- Establishes and maintains communications among geographically distributed proposal teams, including subcontractors, using collaborative tools such as SharePoint and WebEx.
- Coordinates with the contracts and pricing staff on cost and contractual volumes to ensure appropriate schedules and inputs.
- Authors appropriate proposal sections and help design graphic concepts.
- Works with the Solution Architects to assist in the design of the technical solutions for the proposals; be a "thought leader" for the group.
- Reviews proposal content for compliance and cohesiveness.
- Collaborates with other proposal managers to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Envisions the entire proposal, ties in the win themes, reviews with the other groups, runs through daily meetings, understands and manages the entire proposal.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10+ years' experience in Federal Proposal Development.
- Must work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, with willingness and ability to learn additional skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a number of projects simultaneously; able to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- Positive attitude and works well with others.
- Understands how communications can influence business results, and is able to articulate this dynamic in interactions with senior executives.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make the complex simple.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management; ability to project a confident leadership image to peers, subordinates and executive management.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with leading and supporting complex proposals in the DoD, Federal Civilian and Intelligence sectors.
- Experience with video oral proposal presentations.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience leading FEDSIM proposals.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2700+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.