Position: Proposal Manager
Location: San Jose, CA (Must be based in San Jose Area)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
You will work with sales teams, technical marketing engineers, product managers, and technical writers to manage responses to RFPs, RFIs, security assessments, and other pre-sales questionnaires. You will be responsible for maintaining the database, coordinating with the sales team, and producing the final responses. You will also help build the team, train stakeholders, and both define and refine processes.
To do this you will build strong working relationships with the sales teams, local SMEs, and writing peers. You can draw responses from our database, but you will also track down additional information when requested. The responses must be consistent and high quality, as they represent Zscaler to our customers. You must thrive in a necessarily deadline-driven environment.
What you will do:
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing responses, maintaining the database, coordinating answers, and researching additional answers
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, Compliance, and Product Management groups
- Maintain both consistency and very high quality
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
- 5+ years of experience in proposal writing or technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Excellent oral, written, analytic, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated, and able to think and write in context with the target reader or operator
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience writing about network security products
- Experience writing about web-based and mobile products
- Experience using proposal management software
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.