This position is primarily responsible for supporting the organization as it pertains to planning, organizing, and writing grants and proposals for Government and Commercial clients. This includes requesting and compiling information for costing from the organization.
- Sources and tracks bid opportunities from Government and Commercial agencies.
- Liaisons with sales and scientific teams to drive the proposal submission process.
- Takes the lead and manages the collaboration with contracts group to ensure compliance of proposals for bid readiness.
- Continuously looks for and implements improvements that drive process efficiencies in proposal submission.
- Performs other duties as required by their supervisor.
- Researches and gathers technical and/or costing/business information for use in proposal development activities. Uses familiarity with winning proposal concepts, practices and procedures along with solid writing methodologies to incorporate this information into assigned proposal section.
- Works with scientific and support staff across the organization to become familiar with technology and service offerings and incorporates that knowledge into writing/editing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
- Improves the standard proposal template text for multiple groups across the organization.
- Works with scientific and support staff across the organization to collect budget information for appropriate proposal costing.
- Leads the activities commonly associated with responding to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFI), and requests for quotes (RFQ).
- Assists in the development and generation of “win” strategy and themes and discriminators as the framework for response. Actively drives proposal reviews.
- Ensures that proposal submissions are compliant with the applicable RFP or RFI instructions.
- Coordinates with project manager and technical leads to determine and respond to technical and costing/business proposal requirements.
- BS degree in business, communications or closely related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in technical and/or proposal writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a multi-cultural staff, and the ability to conceptualize and synthesize heterogeneous sources of information into coherent proposals.
- Demonstrated technical and business writing experience as applies to winning proposal development.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is essential.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Specific proposal writing training utilizing Shipley Associates methodologies.
- Knowledge of preclinical drug development.
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Graphics design software experience.
- Ability to interact with others in a cooperative, persuasive, and tactful manner.
- Ability to read, understand, retain, and apply knowledge of technical and/or business information for use in proposal development activities.
- Ability to type at a reasonable rate of speed and accuracy.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Ability to walk for reasonable distances in performing the work.
- Ability to travel overnight as needed on an occasional basis.