Segue Technologies seeks a Proposal Writer. This is a full-time position located at Segue’s office in Beavercreek, OH. This position will support all aspects of the proposal lifecycle for multiple proposals simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working with senior management, communicating with customers/partners, and providing leadership related to proposal process execution and response compliance and quality. In addition, we are looking for a candidate with an aptitude for understanding complex technical information for translation to non-technical audiences through written and graphical means. They will be a hands-on participant in proposal development where needed, to include writing and editing support, to ensure the final product has the greatest chance of award.
Segue Technologies, Inc. is a government contractor that provides IT services and support to Federal and DoD customers. Producing high-quality, effective, proposals are an integral part of Segue’s Growth and Opportunity process. This position will support all aspects of the proposal lifecycle for multiple proposals simultaneously. Our work is focused heavily on Federal Government customers, with additional variety in contract or acquisition type.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide writing and editing on standard proposal sections as well as tailoring Segue boilerplate content to specific response requirements
- Assists with the archiving of proposal content and upload to appropriate internal databases or servers as part of proposal closeout procedures in a timely and quality manner and according to division standards
- Review and edit proposal volumes and inputs from Segue SMEs and teaming partners, providing feedback on gaps and areas for improvement
- Manage and update proposal stock content (boilerplate) and templates
- Support opportunity tracking (current status and information capture) via SharePoint and Salesforce
- Performs self-check of work products to eliminate repeat errors and demonstrate continuous improvement in work products
- Additional corporate writing/editing support as assigned
- Additional proposal support as needed
- 2+ years in a Federal Government proposal support role
- Previous experience writing, editing, and coordinating responses to RFP, RFI’s, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or other relevant field of study, or commensurate work experience.
- Adept at grasping and translating technical concepts into language that is both technically accurate and understandable by non-technical readers.
- Skilled in content review and feedback to authors regarding, compliance, completeness, and message
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe CS4 (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand technical concepts
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to meet schedules, organize complex material, determine appropriate level of effort, understand technical/professional service-related material and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent document formatting and layout skills, including incorporation of tables/spreadsheets, graphics, diagrams, and other elements
Segue Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please visit our website, www.seguetech.com/careers, to submit an application.