The Proposal Writer is responsible for the writing and coordination of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFI) on behalf of the Signature Performance Federal Sector Business Business Development organization. The Proposal Writer will work with the Business Development team in managing, developing, and shaping the proposal strategy including identifying key differentiators, defining the organization of the proposal to create a winning proposal.
This includes accurately communicating Signature's key differentiators, products and services. The position works closely with several departments' representatives including Business Development, Operations, Information Technology, HR, Client Management, Marketing and Finance. This position requires the ability to work in an entrepreneural, fast-paced, detail oriented, deadline-driven and complex environment, where multiple stakeholders influence the response.
Essential Job Functions:
* Structure, develop and write clear compelling proposal sections including executive summaries, technical approaches and past performance/references.
* Manage the coordination and development of business proposal (RFP/RFI) and presentations for prospects and clients.
* Present technical solution in ways that is easy to understand and demonstrates our value proposition focused on our services.
* Integrate win themes, key differentiators, and other industry best practices into proposals and presentation messaging.
* Manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously.
* Lead proposal development process including proposal-related meetings/discussions, kick-off session, proposal response planning sessions, color reviews and team debriefs.
* Format, edit, standardize, and proofread, all components of the proposal in accordance with proposal requirements while maintaining multiple document version control.
* Manage production and distribution of all documents within required timeframe.
* Interview, research, gather information and collaborate with the business development team and subject matter experts on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions.
* Develop and maintain in-depth expertise of Signature's products and services including new service lines.
* Collaborate with the graphic designer to develop supporting proposal visual aids including, organization charts, process flow charts, and diagrams needed for proposal.
* Accountable for the development and continual improvement of proposal content database as well as update CRM tool (SalesForce) with proposal activity.
* Coordinates with federal marketing networks and other suppliers to initiate and develop communication pieces to include advertisements, direct mail pieces, web content and promotional/premium items.
* Keep up-to-date in the healthcare, proposal and marketing industries by participating in educational opportunities reading industry publications; reading professional business books, and other as identified.
* Attend training sessions as available.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with subordinates, peers, and seniors.
* Other duties may be assigned
* A willingness to travel as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience:
* BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent communicator, persuasive writer, editor and strategist for business to business sales.
* 3+ years of experience of proposal writing experience, the Federal Government market and healthcare preferably.
* Familiar with the governmental procurement methodology.
* Possess the ability and flexibility to execute all responsibilities to meet proposal schedule demands.
* Must be a highly motivated individual able to grasp complex technologies, tools and concepts and learn quickly.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines, under pressure, and in an entrepreneurial environment.
* Inherent attention to detail, superior organization skills and conceptual thinking skills
* Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF.
* Able to clearly communicate technical verbiage, Signature's value-added, win themes and key differentiators in language and terms that are easy for the layperson to understand.
General Areas of Accountability:
Must conduct business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company.
Machines and Equipment:
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled