https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
As a vSOC Protect Firewall Engineer you'll be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of our customer’s next generation firewall solution in a 24/7 environment. Additionally, you'll update and maintain policies, signatures, and rules to ensure accessibility, provide security and to comply with regulations. Security best practices and many regulations also require continuous monitoring to detect and respond to threats.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert for the customer’s next generation firewall solution.
- Working with customers to gather complex network requirements to be used in creating highly reliable and scalable networking designs.
- Produce detailed design documents such as Visio diagrams, IP spreadsheets, device descriptions and narratives.
- Creation of technically detailed reports on firewall block lists, device status, change management, hardware/software upgrades, and other areas.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Correlate detected network events to identify potential problems or root causes
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Participate in projects that involve existing network infrastructure as required
- Participate in a formal incident rapid response process for high priority incidents
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that an incident's underlying problems are managed and resolved
- Implement network change in the context of incident resolution, problem management and service requests
- Be aware of and follow existing network management change procedures
- Provide training to team members on an as-needed basis
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests)
- Progressive experience in networking and network security, including advanced firewalling, VPN's, and enterprise routing and switching.
- Experience in firewall technologies, preferably Fortinet, Palo Alto, Cisco, and Checkpoint.
- Experience with enterprise network design, implementation, and operations.
- Obtained and/or willing to obtain industry relevant professional level certifications.
- Professional level network documentation skills including master skills with MS Visio.
- Expert level of familiarity in implementing and troubleshooting firewall technologies.
- Professional level understanding of TCP and UDP including the ability to identify root cause of illusive problems through packet capture analysis.
- Extensive experience implementing and troubleshooting HA firewall clusters.
- Expert understanding of IPsec VPNs as well as real world implementation and troubleshooting experience.
- Expert understanding of popular network communications protocols such as DNS, RPC, HTTP, etc.
- Can comprehend bash, PowerShell, python, and other written languages that support DevOps mentality.
- Experience with change control policy and procedures.
- Experience with Service Now ticketing platform a plus
- Professional understanding of industry standard policies, regulations, and compliance.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science (Desired).
GuidePoint Security is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. and a leader in cybersecurity. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to nearly 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Our core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
Our generous benefits plan includes 100% employer paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions and eligibility for retirement plan benefits after two months. Within GuidePoint, our next generation Managed Security Services (MSSP) business is growing very rapidly. If you have the passion, work ethic, winning attitude and competitive mindset and be at the forefront the best MSSP in the U.S., we want you on our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.