|Reference # :||20-10179||Title :||Protection & Control Training/Development Lead Eng (1912226997)|
|Location :||Allentown, PA|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/21/2020 / 09/21/2021|
|Title: Protection & Control Training/Development Lead Eng|
Work Schedule: Standard business (M-F, 8-5)
Duration: 12 months, possible extension
Work location: Allentown, PA 18101, position can be remote
NERC Access will be required - Client will run a second, separate background check on the candidate once they start.
MVR/Motor Vehicle Record will also be run on the candidate - some local travel to other sites will be occasionally required (maybe once/month & mileage can be submitted as an expense)
Under general supervision, responsible for the creation, deployment, and maintenance of a utility protection and control training and development program.
1. Working with on site staff, the candidate will be responsible for assessing the state of existing training and development processes and procedures for Relay Engineering.
2. The candidate will determine gaps and weaknesses and develop a course of action to close the gaps in the existing training/development program.
3. The candidate is responsible for improving existing materials as well as creation of new course and training materials as defined by the gap analysis.
4. The candidate may be asked to deliver the training as an instructor or "train the trainer? as is appropriate. The training program shall be developed with the intention of being internally self sustaining and managed by relay engineering subject matter experts.
5. The candidate will be responsible for helping on site staff augment existing and developing new processes/procedures associated with the execution of protection and control design work
6. Works effectively in a team environment and may assume the role of team leader.
7. Provides technical guidance and recommendations to other Client employees in support of high quality, timely and
cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems. This will largely take the form of peer reviews for protection and control design engineering projects.
8. Builds knowledge of the organization processes, customers and wide understanding of the technical and engineering aspect of the equipment and facilities in the function's work scope.
10. Ensures systems exceed all industry standard requirements through development and implementation of uniform processes based on industry best practices.
1 Bachelor's Degree in electrical or computer science or engineering from a college or university accredited by ABET. Candidates with a Master's degree from an institution that has an accredited Bachelor's degree meet this requirement. Candidates with significant experience in lieu of a degree in the area of this job position will be considered.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in the areas of high voltage substation design, substation automation, and protection settings.
3. Some background as a technical trainer or instructor.
4. Background in the development of technical course work.
Professional Engineering License
Experience and understanding of NERC CIP and PRC requirements
Background/training in process development and execution of process controls.