The responsibility of this position is to contribute to the development and implementation of new protocols and protocol amendments, communicate with external investigators and research staff regarding these protocols, and develop and implement educational programs to facilitate understanding of the protocol documents and quality data submission.
- Responds to clinical questions from physicians and research staff regarding the protocols. These responses address a wide range of issues including eligibility, protocol treatment, logistics, symptom management and documentation.
- Develops written educational materials and tools to enable research staff to comply with the requirements of the protocol.
- Develops and implements educational programs for nurses and clinical research assistants that address the scientific basis for the research protocol, protocol overview and logistics, data collection, quality assurance, correlative science and adverse event reporting.
- Contributes nursing expertise and protocol knowledge to internal and external meetings.
- Reviews protocols and related documents under development and communicates comments and concerns to protocol development personnel.
- Contributes to the protocol amendment process by communicating issues identified from communications with investigators and research staff.
- Develops materials to promote the research protocol to patients and research staff.
- Bachelor degree required with current RN licensure in the state of Pennsylvania.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an oncology nursing and/or clinical trials.
- Ability to provide customer service and deal effectively with people.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to both lead and participate as a team member, and work independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and reprioritize quickly.
- Comfortable with change and new situations.
- Ability to utilize computers and basic computer programs.
- Manage project independently and autonomously with minimal supervision.