- Proficient of retaining knowledge of patient care charts and histories.
- Learned in health education theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Effectively maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the deliver of medical evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge or related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant
- Current CPR certification, ACLS certification preferred
- Two years of experience in Psychiatric and/or Correctional Setting
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care in a correctional setting to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others.
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up consultation and health education.
- Obtains patient histories and develops patient care treatment plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy using the POMR format.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staff.
- Participates in planning programs and in developing specific health polices and procedures.
- Provides individual therapy, assessments and evaluations of psychiatric patients.
- Prescribes psychiatric medication in conjunction with psychiatrist and facilityprotocols.
- Provides consultation as it pertains to psychiatric medications and diagnosis andother cli nical concerns as appropriate.
- Facilitates communication between psychiatric services, programs, staff and patients.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Will adhere to Armor’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Armor’s four core FISH! Philosophies – i.e. Play, Be There, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.