Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team at the Lansing Correctional Facility in Lansing, Kansas
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner utilizes advanced, professional nursing skills with mental healthcare as primary focus as well as interacts with a variety of mental healthcare professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout the facility.
- Assesses inmate/patient in a variety of settings.
- Identifies inmate/patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
- Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
- Provides mental health education to inmate/patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
- Documents all mental healthcare contacts.
- Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
- Delegates to and supervises other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Graduate of an accredited college/university Nurse Practitioner program with current license/certification in the state of Kansas.
- 3-5 years' experience in mental health setting which can include mental health background as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Available to participate in on-call schedule.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
- Must follow all credentialing and privileging procedures from applicable technical instructions.
- Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with active license in state of employment.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.