Psych Nurse Practitioner / Ownership
About the company:
Meridian Advanced Psychiatry (MAP) was founded by Nurse Practitioner Kyle Ronnau. MAP provides full service psychiatric medication management, including substance use disorder treatment or Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT).
Of the 20.3 million adults with a substance use disorder, 37.9% also have a mental health disorder. Among the 42.3 million adults with a mental health disorder, 18.2% also have a substance use disorder. Less 10% of these individuals are currently receiving care of both their mental health and substance use. This is often due to mental health clinics not feeling comfortable with substance use, and addiction clinics just wanting to cash-in. Meridian Advanced Psychiatry wants to change this. We aim to work with and train competent Nurse Practitioners who can help a patient treat both their mental health and substance use disorder in one location.
About the Clinic/Job:
Where: We are an outpatient mental health/addiction clinic located in Bellevue/Redmond, WA.
What: Work with us in our spacious private practice. Bring your specialty and personal touch to the office. You would be the only provider at this location.
Who: We are currently looking for nurse practitioners to join us in helping our communities in their struggles with mental health and addiction. Someone who does not mind being the only provider at this location.
Essential functions include:
- Conducts and complete Psychiatric Evaluations including diagnostic formulation, clinical risk assessment, and treatment recommendations.
- Educates patients appropriately including providing culturally and educationally sensitive information necessary for the patient to make informed consent for all aspects of treatment and care as it related to their mental health.
- Provides consultation and referrals to primary care providers and medical specialists for management of the patient's physical health care.
- Prescribe and review psychiatric medications and monitor side effects as indicated.
- Ensure that each psychiatric medication has an appropriate corresponding diagnosis.
- Order and monitor laboratory studies, metabolic parameters, and other tests as clinically indicated.
- Document all services in patient medical record in a manner consistent with CPT coding and E&M documentation guidelines without receiving undue influence on the manner in which this occurs.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality and documentation consistent with federal rules and regulations. Provide thorough and timely documentation using our electronic health record and prescription program.
- Consult with other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Coordinate with others involved in clients care such as: Pharmacies, Caregivers, Case Managers, and Therapists.
- Oversees staff as assigned as well as clinical nursing staff and medical assistants.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
- Provider shall also perform (i) such other duties as are customarily performed by an employee in similar positions; (ii) assistance, as needed, with third party billing matters, including Medicare/Medicaid, and private third-party payers; and (iii) such other services and duties as may be assigned to Provider from time to time by Meridian Advanced Psychiatry.
- Qualifications (preferred):
1. Unencumbered WA Nurse Practitioner License (required upon starting)
2. Active State DEA License (required upon starting)
3. XDEA Data Waiver (required upon starting, willing to assist with obtaining)
4. Willingness to evaluate, diagnose, and treat children through late adults for mental health disorders.
5. Willingness to evaluate, diagnose, and treat adults for substance use disorders, including medication-assisted treatment such as buprenorphine.
Benefits: Competitive pay, 100% medical (including HSA) benefits paid for, dental and vision insurance available, Paid Time Off, holiday pay, retirement plan, no call, no weekends, ongoing education, and more!
This is an ownership opportunity!