Merakey is currently seeking a Psych Tech / Mental Health Tech ($12.61 / hr -- Full Time) to join our Behavioral Health Services Division in our Bethlehem, PA 18015 locations.
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Support individuals in the performance of household activities (cleaning, laundry, organizing, etc.)
* Teach and promote various activities of daily living (money management, hygiene, time management, keeping a schedule, social and leisure activities, etc.)
* Provide one to one support as requested/needed, coaching and encouragement to individuals to help facilitate social interactions.
* Support individuals in planning and participating in leisure time activities.
* Assist in the provision of ongoing assessments of individual's mental illness symptoms and response to treatment and activities they are participating in.
* Provide peer counseling and support to individuals, providing guidance and encouragement to individuals to take responsibility and actively participate in their own recovery.
* Serve as a role model and mentor to individuals to promote hope and empowerment.
* Collaborate with the team to create a team-oriented environment in which the individual's point of view and experiences are recognized, understood and respected, and in which self-determination and decision making in treatment planning are maximized and supported.
* Help protect individual rights. Increase awareness of and support participation in individual self-help programs and individual advocacy groups that promote recovery.
* Assists in managing individual crisis plans and emergencies (as appropriate)
* Communicates with the medical staff and other PCH team members
* Accompanies and monitors individuals on medical appointment, community trips, engages in social and leisure activities, and assures the health and safety of the individuals.
* Implements programs policy and procedure according to the program regulations and guidelines.
* Provides individual support services, group education/skill building activities and recreational/social rehabilitative services.
* Implements and monitors the treatment and goal attainment as dictated by the PCH individuals.
* Monitors individual and group social skills
* Maintains records and documentation as required
* Provide ongoing reports to external teams working with everyone regarding progress
* Perform other related duties as required
* Attends all required NHS and DPW training.
* Receives 30 hours of training annually.
* Participate in cross training with other specialists as deemed necessary by supervisor
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS (based on position status)
* Work/Life Balance
* Competitive Compensation Plans
* Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
* Life Insurance
* 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
* Marketplace Savings Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Programs
* 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
* Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
* The Center for Hope
* Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
* Parents and Children Together (PACT)
* Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
* Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
* Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
* Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
* Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
* Case Management / Recovery Coaching
* Community Health Liaison (CHL)
* Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
* Crisis Intervention
* Substance Use Disorder Services
* Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
* Family Based Mental Health Services
* Therapeutic Family Care
* Foster Care Plus
* Peer Support
* Student Assistance Program (SAP)
* Supported Employment
* Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Requisition # 51400
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Must have a high school diploma (GED).
* Valid Driver's License
* Must be 21 years old
* Must have at least 2 years of paid or volunteer work experience with adults with severe mental illness.
* Knowledge of severe mental illness, recovery principals and recovery driven service.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled