Why TaraVista Behavioral Health Center?
At TaraVista, we haven’t forgotten the reason behind why we went into healthcare. Like you, we have a calling to help people - to make a real and meaningful difference in their lives. Also like you, we’re frustrated that ‘business’ and ‘process’ seem to come at the expense of our patients, and compromise our ability to work effectively as teams.
We believe that behavioral healthcare doesn’t have to be an ‘either/or’ choice between proper business and proper treatment - we believe we can truly do well by doing good.
Join our TV team where values like collaboration, compassion, engagement, and respect are the very real foundations of our culture – not just ideals in a job post. Reconnect with the reasons you chose to work in healthcare and shift from simply having a career, to really living your calling.
Location: Devens, MA
Schedule: Per Diem and vacation coverage
Conducts comprehensive psychiatric assessments, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of individuals requiring inpatient psychiatric care and treatment of co-occurring substance abuse issues. Formulates clinical decisions to manage acute and chronic illnesses and promote wellness. Integrates education, research and management, leadership and consultation into clinical role and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers, physicians, professionals and others who influence the health care environment. Provides health care in accordance with standards of practice as outlined by the American Nurses Association. The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, clinically effective psychiatric care to adults.
Graduate of approved Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist program with ANCC certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. MSN degree, with 3-5 years of experience in adult inpatient psychiatry preferred. Current Massachusetts license registration as APRN, CS, or NP.
- Advanced level knowledge and APRN expertise in psychiatry and advanced skills in the application of adult psychiatry
- Knowledge of DSM-5 and ICD-10 methodology
- Effective English oral and written communication skills
- Sufficient typing and computer skills to facilitate use of Electronic Health Records, experience with Electronic Health Record software including Medsphere/Vista preferred
- Management and supervisory experience; commitment to patient-centered care
- Skills in interpreting and applying standards and regulations applicable to behavioral health inpatient services (e.g. JC, CMS, DMH, DPH)
- Problem-solving, crisis management, and team-building capacity; flexibility, creativity, and ability to manage stress
TaraVista Behavioral Health Center is a 108 bed inpatient hospital providing Mental Health and Co-occurring Addictions Care for older adolescents and adults. TaraVista’s mission is to provide compassionate, effective, sustainable care for those suffering from psychiatric distress and co-occurring substance abuse.
We seek innovative, energetic people who work well in teams and who are driven to help patients and families in a time of need. We offer comprehensive benefits including a gain sharing plan, and a variety of work schedules.
TaraVista Behavioral Health Center is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer