Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide direct service to patients of Advocates’ Behavioral Health (BH) Division and consult with other staff on the design of treatment plans, clinical problems, and related issues.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
- Provides medical and psychiatric service and consultation to patients of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Provides teaching and consultation to other members of the multidisciplinary team of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement process of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Maintains all records in accordance with the policies and procedures of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Practice in general accordance with the treatment philosophy of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Maintains open, collaborative and collegial relationships with other team members at Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- NP or CNS received from an accredited school. Current state of MA registration in nursing and current, valid and unrestricted DEA certificate. Absence of Medicare/Medicaid sanctions, and satisfactory report from the National Practitioner Data Bank.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus!
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: PMHNP, PCNS, Psych Nurse, psychiatric nursing, mental health, behavioral health