Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (CNS/NP) is responsible for providing direct service to patients of Advocates Behavioral Health Division and to consult with other staff on the design of treatment plans, clinical problems, and related issues.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
- Provides medical and psychiatric service and consultation to patients of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Provides teaching and consultation to other members of the multidisciplinary team of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement process of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Maintains all records in accordance with the policies and procedures of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Practice in general accordance with the treatment philosophy of Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Maintains open, collaborative and collegial relationships with other team members at Advocates Behavioral Health Division.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- NP or CNS received from an accredited school.
- Current state of MA registration in nursing.
- Current, valid and unrestricted DEA certificate.
- Satisfactory report from the National Practitioner Data Bank.
- Absence of Medicare/Medicaid sanctions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus!
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.